The aesthetic appeal of colorful bed sheets cannot be understated. However, Handy believes that you should also consider other important factors such as the fiber content and thread count when shopping for bed sheets. Bed sheets can affect the quality of your sleep and you want something comfortable to sleep on for almost a third of your day.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips to follow when purchasing bed sheets online:
1. Learn about the fiber content and fabric – Cotton is the most popular fabric for bed sheets because it is comfy and feels natural. However, it is not uncommon for online retailers to sell products that are not made from 100 % cotton. Thus, it’s important to read the product description carefully before adding the product to your online shopping cart.
Generally, cotton/polyester blends are more common products and available in wider color options. These may feel somewhat synthetic to the skin but are inexpensive. For a premium solution, you may opt for Egyptian or Pima bed sheets that contain extra-long staple (ELS) cotton.
2. Consider the thread count – Generally, the higher the thread count, the better the quality of the bed sheets would be. Any bed sheet with a thread count of between 300 to 500 should be comfy and possess goof strength. It is unnecessary to purchase bed sheets with over 500 thread count because you would experience the point of diminishing return after that range. Even if your budget is limited, you should at least purchase a product with a thread count in the range of 200 to 300.
3. Check the size – It is crucial to measure the size of your bed to learn about the correct size of bed sheets that you require. Also, never assume the size of a bed sheet with a generic size range such as king size or queen size as these values vary wildly. Online manufacturers should list a size chart with the exact dimensions of the bed sheets for reference. Before clicking the purchase button, always confirm the size. Otherwise, you may accidentally purchase a smaller bed sheet that doesn’t fit your bed properly. It would only result in wasted time or even money.
4. Consider the weave – Typically, bed sheets are found in two types of weaves – percale and sateen. Depending on your preference, you can choose either type to suit your needs. Percale weave is the basic grid-style weave that features a crisp and light feeling. Sateen weave feels silky smooth to the touch. Typically, sateen weave bed sheets are more preferable.
5. Check the aesthetic appeal – The color and design of your bed sheet should match or complement the overall color scheme and theme of your bedroom. It is worth spending a few extra minutes to choose the perfect shade of color that looks and feels more vibrant.
6. Check the reviews and return policy – It is crucial to check the reviews and ratings of every product that you want to buy to make sure of its quality. You can learn a lot from user reviews that a manufacturer may choose to hide. It is also important to check the return policy of the online vendor to stay on the safe side.
According to Handy, you should always buy products from a reputable online marketplace to ensure the quality of products, experience a faster delivery, good customer service, and make sure you get the best deals.