Mobile phones can now be found in the hands of practically everyone. As mobile devices evolved into Smartphones, calling and messaging became less of a core use case. Nowadays, mobile devices are used for entertainment and when it comes to fun, mobile games are unquestionably the best.
According to one survey, when someone buys a mobile device, they download a game within a week. Mobile games are a terrific method for game players to pass the time and have fun, but they are also a great source of cash for developers & firms providing mobile app development services.
If you want to create a mobile game, you probably have a lot of questions. The most frequently asked question is about the expense of development. Let’s have a look at the aspects that influence the cost of mobile game production.
Market Share and Statistics for Mobile Gaming:
- According to Statista, revenue from mobile games in the United States hit $18,250 million in 2020 and is expected to reach $22,828 million by 2022.
- The mobile gaming market in the United States will expand, creating more opportunities for unique, new games. In the last two years, we’ve seen games like COD: PUBG generating approx $2.6 billion in revenue in 2020, respectively.
- There were around 2,659.5 million mobile gaming players worldwide in 2021.
- We anticipate that mobile gaming revenue would grow at a CAGR of 2.9 percent by 2024.
- In the United States, more than 72% of mobile device users play games on their phones.
Factors Affecting Mobile Game Development Costs:
1. Costs of Pre-Development: To ensure a well-structured game development process, game creators will construct a strategy in the form of a GDD document that includes all game details. This stage is critical since it will serve as the foundation for the entire project. Pre-development costs are incurred as a result of the time and effort required to create the GDD document. These costs are computed using a variety of parameters, including the cost per hour of employment. For instance, if the pre-development stage lasts 30 hours and the development team charges $100 per hour, the pre-development expenditures will be $3000.
2. Platform: It would be advantageous if you selected iOS, Android, or both platforms. The platform you choose has a significant impact on the cost of game production as well as the game’s reach and revenue. The cost of developing an Android app is more than that of developing an iOS app. However, Android is the most popular smartphone platform.
Apple gadgets’ administration and payment mechanisms are more expensive if you use iOS. Single-platform development is less expensive than multi-platform development. However, if you only use one platform, you will not be able to get revenue from other platforms. As a result, choosing cross-platform app development is the greatest option for reaping the benefits of each platform.
3. Design: The process of creating a mobile game is multi-layered. During this stage, you can plan the target users, game levels, game environment, and gameplay. The gaming app may contain numerous flaws and glitches if a good design is not followed. UI/UX designers, architects, and game artists are among the many experts who participate in the entire design and development cycle. These specialists charge fees based on their qualifications and expertise.
4. Game App Evaluation: The testing process, like game development, is critical. After all, even a tiny number of glitches will irritate players. As a result, guarantee that your game works smoothly and gives an excellent user experience. Set aside money for the testing services provided by the game app development firm.
5. Genres and Categories: The cost of developing a mobile game app is heavily dependent on whether you produce a simulation app, a social gaming app or a casual gaming app. We may classify gaming apps based on their complexity:
- Casual 2D Games
- Mid-Level Games
- Social Games
- Business Games
- Free Casino Games
6. Game Difficulty: You will be aware of a game’s critical features after choosing the game category and genre. If the game is simple, social media integration will suffice. However, if you are creating a complicated game like PUBG, you will need to include features such as gyroscopes, voice integration, and so on. This raises the expense of game creation.
7. Engine for Mobile Games: Another important aspect influencing mobile game production expenses is the game engine. As a result, choosing one is critical because your mobile game is entirely dependent on these engines. You will need to select the mobile game engine based on the game’s characteristics, type, and category. In the app development industry, you may find a variety of mobile game development engines. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Therefore you must make your decision based on your requirements.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Mobile Game?
As previously stated, the cost of developing a mobile game is heavily reliant on a variety of aspects such as whether you are choosing a cross-platform app development. Also, the features and functionalities to be included, development technology, and the size of the game too will influence the cost of development. Furthermore, the fee varies from organization to organization depending on region and location.
It may be more expensive to produce a game with excellent graphics, high-complexity features and functionalities, and compatibility for various platforms. If you have fewer orders, the pricing will be lower.
Creating a mobile game is an exciting process that necessitates the collaboration of a talented team of professionals. Choosing a mobile game development business is a critical decision that will determine the future of your mobile game. Ensure that you are getting the desired work quality for the price you are paying. Examine many businesses offering mobile app development services and select the one that provides the best service at a reasonable price.
For more valuable information visit the website.