As Facebook has established itself as the most followed player in the world of social media, thus every advertiser wants to take full advantage of it. On Facebook, you can target your ads based on demographics and interests, but there are customized audiences and dual-target audiences for more effective and relevant communication. According to a local SEO agency, it is one of the most effective ways of advertising. How well do you know your target group and customers and the communication that suits their information needs? The Facebook advertising tool is an effective aid in the work of a digital marketer, but the tool itself does not make marketing effective but it gets the customer a timely message that takes into account his interest in the company’s products and services.
You can create audiences based on interests and demographics. The areas of interest are various broad topics (eg management, business, marketing) and different brands, in which case advertising is targeted at users who are interested in Facebook pages or groups related to these themes. Demographics can be used to select age, gender, family status, or even a user’s professional title and industry.
In addition, target groups can be created as custom audiences, with the target group based on user activity on either the Facebook / Instagram page, updates or published videos (engagement) or website visits. These custom audiences can be used to create dual creature groups that consist of users similar to custom audiences. That is, you can create similar audiences based on your customer or marketing registry, eCommerce purchasers, contacts, leads, or website visitors.
In this Facebook broadcast, I’ll go through targeting Facebook advertising and creating custom audiences.
In the past, I, as an expert from an SEO company had written tips for creating more effective Facebook advertising, with a brief overview of a few ways to target users based on user activity:
- You can target your ads to users who have already visited your website or a specific page.
- If your Facebook page Followers are active and committed to your updates – make a so-called dual-purpose target group made up of users with similar usage habits to the current Followers on your Facebook page.
- You can target your message to people who have committed to your previous content, such as page updates, videos, past advertising.
The dual-target group of Facebook advertising and its creation
A dual-target audience is a target audience used in Facebook advertising that consists of users similar to current / potential customers or Followers of some of the company’s channels. If the marketing mix and the different channels play well together (a website that is well-found in the search engine attracts buying and potential customers, and FB Followers are active), dual-target groups are a good starting point for the first campaign.
A dual-target group can be created, for example
- based on a customized audience (e.g. website visitors or existing customer register),
- Facebook pixel functions or
- Based on the followers of the Facebook / Instagram page and the commitment of the page.