Are You Ready To make Garlic Fish Curry?
This garlic fish curry couldn’t be easier to make – it’s simple, spicy, and of course, garlicky.
Roby and I are observing Lent this month and so seafood has been on the menu a lot lately. While we’d be happy eating this shrimp curry every week, I figured it was time for something new. If you’re a big fan of garlic, you’re going to love this dish.
While visiting a friend’s house this past weekend, I spent a lot of time talking to her parents about food (typical me. I am that friend). Her dad told me how to prepare this simple garlic fish curry – and I’m so happy that I tried it! It’s effortless and tasty – a perfect combination.
This fish curry is made with plenty of garlic, organic diced tomatoes, serrano pepper, and a handful of fresh curry leaves (no, you can’t replace this with curry powder – they’re two totally different things). There’s clearly a lot of garlic in this recipe and so, if you don’t have a garlic press yet, get one… it’s a huge time saver.
The great thing about this dish is that you can whip it up for a last-minute meal. If possible though, I suggest trying to make this a day in advance. Fish curry always tastes better the next day – once the flavors have had time to marry. Either way – it’s going to taste great!
- 1 pound wild-caught cod (or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice (I like avocado oil)
- ¼ cup minced garlic (approx 15 cloves)
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (remove seeds to reduce spice level)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- Add oil to a pot over low-medium heat, then add the garlic, serrano pepper and curry leaves. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add salt, pepper, turmeric and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add water and fish, cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
Garlic Fish recipe very quick and easy in 2020
Garlic fish is a very quick and easy recipe. River salmon fish fillets are used for this preparation. but you can use any other fillets of your choice. although there are other variations for this recipe, I prefer this way. The fillets can also be fried in garlic butter instead of seasoning with garlic paste. tastes good when served with garlic sauce or cheese dip.
TEXT VERSION OF GARLIC FISH
Garlic Fish pan-fried recipe
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
fish fillets – 2
salt – to taste
black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
basil leaves – 1/4 teaspoon
lemon – 1
olive oil – 3 teaspoons
Place a pan over medium flame and sprinkle some olive oil in it. Once the oil is hot, place the fish fillets in it. Let the fillets cook and sprinkle salt, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and black pepper, and add lemon juice over it. Grill it on both sides and once the fillets turn crispy, transfer them on a plate.