If you want to modernize the old beer system, then you should definitely think about replacing your refrigerator with a modern kegerator. This way you can get a more functional beer dispensing machine and enjoy the fresh drink at any time without much investment.
What Do You Need to Convert a Regular Fridge to Kegerator?
If you want to improve the quality of your own drink, as well as extend its shelf life from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months, then you definitely need to buy a kegerator.
Kegerator is a refrigeration equipment designed for the storage and further dispension of beer. The barrel with a drink is permanently located inside the cooler, where the optimal temperature from 3 to 13°C is kept. Beer cooled in the kegerator at this temperature, will always be fresher and tastier than bottled beer or dispensed using a flow-cooled system.
However, a ready-made kegerator is quite expensive. Therefore, many brewers compromise by buying a kegerator conversion kit – a special set of equipment that converts an old refrigerator into an ideal system for cold beer dispensing.
The kegerator conversion kit includes the following components:
- Beer and Air Line
- Faucet and beer shank
- Tap Handle
- CO2 Regulator
- Barrel connector
- Gas cylinder
The Process of Converting a Regular Refrigerator Into a Kegerator
The installation process of this kit is as follows:
- Clean up the old refrigerator and make room for the barrel and the carbon dioxide cylinder.
- Drill a hole in the refrigerator door, insert the door gasket and extend the shank through the hole. Tighten it with a crescent wrench and connect it to your beer line.
- Connect the tap to the outside of the shank. Thus, the beer line will go from the tap to the CO2 regulator.
- Place the tray under the tap.
- Connect the beer line between the barrel and the tap, as well as the air line between the barrel and the carbon dioxide cylinder. Contamination is possible during installation. Remember to thoroughly disinfect everything.
- Open the tap and pour a delicious cold beer into the glass.
When choosing a suitable kegerator for your needs, you have to take into account a lot of factors: the number of beer lines, the type of keg, and the type of gas in the cylinder (besides carbon dioxide brewers also use nitrogen).
In order not to waste time and not to go into all the details, contact the Canadian company Beverage Craft beveragecraft.com. The staff will be happy to help and will find the optimal model of kegerator conversion kit, which will help to improve the taste and increase the storage time of your beer.
For more valuable information visit this website